The production manager is responsible for the oversight of all aspects of the facility including staffing, health and safety, quality control and operational matters. At its core, the production manager is responsible for the planning, control and coordination of a manufacturing facility. The manager ensures that industry standards are adhered to and that procurement policies are implemented. The manager also overseas staffing the facility. The production manager is ultimately responsible for the performance of the facility.
Duties and responsibilities of the production manager:
- In charge of all the manufacturing in the facility.
- Responsible for all the manufacturing processes within the facility, including but limited to, organizing the production schedule, coordination and planning of all operational activities.
- Monitor the production process and adjust schedule.
- Set production goals and communicate them to key personnel.
- Ensure that key performance indicators and targets for the facility are met.
- Create and maintain accurate budgets and oversee all spending from the facility.
- Ensure health and safety standard requirements are met.
- Oversees and organizes relevant training sessions for facility staff.
- Provides approvals on packaging and labeling.
- Makes frequent checks for quality of the raw materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion production, fashion business or any other business-related field.
- Courses and experience relevant to manufacturing processes, production management will be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of OSHA
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Courses in manufacturing
- 5 years relevant work experience
The fabric printer is responsible for ensuring that orders in the respective production area are embellished accurately, on time and in accordance with GTM quality standards. Work together with team members in performing various duties, including but not limited to: operation of cut and sew equipment, order preparation and quality assurance. Machine Operators will be cross trained on all fabric printing machines.
Duties and responsibilities of the fabric printer:
- The printer must be able to stand, sit and bend, for long periods of time.
- Printers must ensure that software is working and linked to the machine at all times.
- The printer monitors the materials used for fabric printing.
- Adjust manage ink distribution, speed, and ensures temperature is maintained.
- Ability to work in environment where photo chemicals are and PPE may be required to be worn.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Recommend tooling and material handling changes to improve work flow or safety conditions to Production Manager.
- Check production equipment to ensure proper machine set up, registration, ink viscosity and color.
- 5 CXC O’ Level passes including Mathematics.
- One (1) year Experience.
- Familiar with software for textile sublimation (ErgoSoft).
Pattern Maker/ Cutter/ Grader
The pattern maker/ cutter/ grader will map out the individual pieces to be cut from a length of fabric or other material mechanically or by hand, which are then sewn to make an outfit. As a patternmaker/ cutter/ grader, you will create the master patterns from a designer’s original model, in the different sizes and configurations that are required. You may also lay out and cut the fabric to be sewn. Draw and construct sets of precision master fabric patterns or layouts. May also mark and cut fabrics and apparel.
Duties and responsibilities of the pattern maker/ cutter/ grader:
- Create a master pattern for each size within a range of garment sizes, using charts, drafting instruments, computers, and/or grading devices.
- Determine the best layout of pattern pieces to minimize waste of material, and mark fabric accordingly.
- Discuss design specifications with designers and convert their original models of garments into patterns of separate parts that can be laid out on a length of fabric.
- Draw details on outlined parts to indicate where parts are to be joined, as well as the positions of pleats, pockets, buttonholes, and other features, using computers or drafting instruments.
- Draw outlines of pattern parts by adapting or copying existing patterns, or by drafting new patterns.
- Examine sketches, sample articles, and design specifications to determine quantities, shapes, and sizes of pattern parts, and to determine the amount of material or fabric required to make a product
- Mark samples and finished patterns with information such as garment size, section, style, identification, and sewing instructions.
- Position and cut out master or sample patterns, using scissors and knives, or print out copies of patterns, using computers.
- Trace outlines of paper onto cardboard patterns, and cut patterns into parts to make templates.
- Technical skills in pattern making
- One (1) year Experience as a pattern maker/ cutter/ grader
Sewing machine operators assemble or finish clothes. Sewers join the parts of a garment together, reinforce seams, and attach buttons, hooks, zippers, and accessories to produce clothing.
Duties and responsibilities of the sewing operator:
- Must have good hand-eye coordination and dexterity, as well as an understanding of textile fabrics.
- Assemble the finished garments.
- Threading and maintaining machines while in operation.
- Reporting any malfunctions immediately.
- Vocational school training in garment construction.
- Must be trainable to facilitate on the job training.
Sales Representative/ Administrative Assistant
The sales representative will sell retail products, goods and services to customers. He/she will work with customers to find what they want, create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process. He/she will work to find new sales leads, through business directories, client referrals, etc.
The sales representative must be organized, flexible and has the ability to meet deadlines and work as part of a team. He/she will be required to, interact with customers, perform simple book-keeping tasks, handle information requests, maintain a hard copy and electronic filing system as well as perform clerical functions such as receiving visitors and making and arranging telephone calls.
Duties and responsibilities of the sales representative
- The execution of excellent customer service. Be courteous to customers and potential customers, listening to their needs and helping communicate options for them.
- Must be flexible.
- Knowledgeable with all products.
- Assist the production manager with all secretarial and administrative tasks.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters and other documents, using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Maintain a contact list.
- Plan and schedule appointments and coordinate meetings.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Assist with planning, organizing and execution of company events and functions.
- Undertake the tasks of receiving calls, taking messages and routing correspondence and requests.
- Prepare and monitor invoices.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned as required.
- Graduate level qualifications in marketing, sales, business studies.
- Additional qualification as a certified professional secretary or certified administrative professional would be considered an advantage.
- Computer literate.
- Must be trainable to facilitate on the job training.
- Knowledge of the garment industry is an asset.
- 2+ years’ experience in sales is an asset